Hemp wraps are an alternative to traditional tobacco wraps used for rolling cigars or ‘blunts’. They are made from the hemp plant and do not contain any tobacco or nicotine.
With a rise in the health-conscious community and a move away from tobacco products, hemp wraps have gained popularity for those looking for a more natural option for their smoking preferences.
How Are Hemp Wraps Made?
Hemp wraps are crafted from the fibers of the hemp plant. These fibers are extracted, often using a process called retting, where the plant stalks are soaked to break down cellular tissues and allow for easier fiber separation. Once separated, the fibers are then processed and refined to form sheets. These sheets are subsequently treated and dried to produce the final product – a smooth, pliable wrap that’s ready for use.
Benefits of Hemp Wraps
Hemp wraps are a popular alternative to traditional tobacco wraps or rolling papers, offering a range of benefits for those who enjoy smoking or vaping.
- Eco-Friendly: One of the primary benefits of hemp wraps is their eco-friendliness. Hemp is a highly sustainable crop that requires minimal water and pesticides compared to traditional tobacco plants. Choosing hemp wraps over tobacco-based products contributes to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly smoking experience.
- Healthier Option: Hemp wraps are considered a healthier option for smokers. Unlike tobacco wraps, which contain nicotine and a range of harmful chemicals, hemp wraps are all-natural and free from additives. This means that users can enjoy their smoking experience without the risks associated with nicotine addiction and exposure to harmful toxins.
- Smooth and Flavorful: Hemp wraps offer a smooth and flavorful smoking experience. They are known for their mild and earthy flavor, which complements the taste of the herbs or other smoking materials being used. This natural flavor enhances the overall enjoyment of the smoking or vaping session.
- Slow Burn: Hemp wraps are designed to provide a slow and even burn. This not only extends the duration of your smoking session but also ensures that the materials are evenly consumed, resulting in a more consistent and satisfying experience.
- Less Harsh on the Throat: Many users find that hemp wraps are less harsh on the throat compared to tobacco wraps. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who have sensitive throats or those looking for a smoother smoking experience.
- Customization: Hemp wraps often come in a variety of sizes and flavors, allowing users to customize their smoking experience to their preferences. Whether you prefer a natural, unflavored wrap or one with a hint of flavor, there are options available to suit your taste.
- Legal and Accessible: Hemp wraps are legal in many parts of the world, making them readily accessible to a wide range of users. Since they contain negligible levels of THC (the psychoactive compound found in cannabis), they do not produce the “high” associated with marijuana, making them a legal and widely accepted smoking option.
- Aromatherapy Blends: Some hemp wraps are infused with essential oils or herbs, adding an aromatherapy element to the smoking experience. These blends can enhance relaxation and promote a sense of well-being during your smoking or vaping session.
Types of Hemp Wraps
- Flavored: These come infused with different flavors ranging from fruity to more traditional tastes, adding an extra dimension to the smoking experience.
- Unflavored: For purists, unflavored wraps let the natural taste of the contents shine through.
- Pre-Rolled: These wraps are already rolled and sealed, ready to be filled.
- Flat Wraps: These are similar to traditional rolling papers but made of hemp.
Ingredients Used in Hemp Wraps
The primary ingredient in hemp wraps is, of course, hemp. However, some wraps may contain additional ingredients, especially the flavored varieties. This can include natural or artificial flavorings, as well as herbs or botanicals added for taste or aroma. It’s always advisable to read the product label if you have specific ingredient concerns.
Tips for Using Hemp Wraps
- Prepare Your Wrap: Before rolling, ensure that your hemp wrap is pliable and not overly dry. You can use a damp cloth or lick the wrap’s edges to moisten it slightly, making it easier to roll without cracking.
- Grind Your Herbs: Properly ground herbs ensure a smoother and more consistent burn. Use a grinder to break down your herbs into a fine consistency before filling your hemp wrap.
- Rolling Technique: Rolling a hemp wrap requires a bit of practice. Place the ground herbs evenly along the center of the wrap, then gently tuck and roll the wrap, securing it with a lick or adhesive strip. Ensure the wrap is tight to prevent uneven burning.
- Seal Properly: Pay attention to how you seal your hemp wrap. A well-sealed wrap will prevent air leaks and ensure an even burn. Run your fingers along the seam to secure it tightly.
- Experiment with Flavors: Hemp wraps come in a variety of flavors, so don’t hesitate to experiment and find your favorite. Different flavors can complement the taste of your chosen herbs or blends.
- Burn Slowly: Hemp wraps tend to burn slower than paper, so take your time while smoking. Rushing can result in uneven burning and wasted herbs.
Why Choose Pre Rolled?
You can skip many of the steps above by simply opting for a pre rolled hemp cone making the process extremely easy. Less time needed for prep means more time to enjoy your herb while still having all the main benefits from standard hemp wraps.
As the demand for healthier and more sustainable smoking options continues to rise, always remain mindful of local laws and regulations regarding the use of hemp wraps, as their legality may vary by region. In embracing hemp wraps, individuals can indulge in a more natural, eco-conscious, and flavorful smoking experience while contributing to a sustainable future.